XJO 0.12% 7,980.4 s&p/asx 200

where are we a look with wyckoff, page-27

1. 56,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 260
    IMO in a bear market, I've found of late that it maybe a fair idea to trade indices/currencies as hedge to the LT p/f. However, in a bull market, careful stock selection wins every time in potential % gain - particularly in the micros - and when the bulls roar, mutiples are not uncommon across the board as confidence gains momentum & risk aversion dissipates.

The only issue is that many micros that are traded daily on heavy volume have very easily eclipsed potential fx gains if you were to nab the low of late. IMO, that's the gold medal. Keeping your money in the pocket is not the way to go either way IMO.

I'm fully invested once again but happy to take the punts on the oversold indice positions & vica versa. You're in or out IMO. Waiting for things to happen is not the go - you need to make it happen.

Following T/A does help those who sit on the fence to make a decision - this is why it is heavily marketed. It entices an individual to enter with the outcome being that money is made all round, whether that individual profits or not. Pretty clever particularly when the disclaimer is to always to use a tight stop loss. To become seriously wealthy, you need luck, complete your DD and invest in business plans - all the rest is on the periphary for me. This is why Top 20s exist and in the years ahead, it's likely multiples will be made for those who have the gumption.

Trading indices won't make you rich or have 30000% gains - helps the cash flow though if we get it right. I don't look at any chart when trading indices - I just make a decision - much money is made between any touted T/A variable kicks in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.