BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Where are we? December 2018, page-39

1. 2,489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 503
    I do cringe when statements like "2017 was the most expensive natural disaster year in US history to date, with damages costing over $300 billion nationwide" used as a measure of severity and change. It's so unprofessional and transparent to try and convince people that the weather is worse because the bills were higher.

I seem to recall that my beer in 2018 was my most expensive beer year in history to date, as was my electricity bill in 2018 my most expensive electricity bill year in history to date.

It's called inflation and I have no doubt that the unabated rhetoric on climate change gives imprimatur to those involved in the clean up to hike up the price on the basis that 'they can afford to pay'.

Add the fact that population and land developed has increased meaning that there are more people and properties to be affected.

Add IMO that the standards of buildings have slipped through privatisation of government services - a serious buck can be made from skimping on routine maintenance there is no doubt about it. Then when it breaks down the insurance and volunteers come to the rescue.

Rant over

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.