BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Where are we? November 2018, page-3

1. 852 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150

There's no denying NL14's passion and dedication, but I think the jury is still very much out or worse.

There's no idea what the profit margin is on the Thor deal. Yes, it brings in the bulk of their revenue, but what's the margin? Anyone can see something at a loss.

Yes the churn of Ohm installs is half the market average, if you believe the CEO at least, but he's at pains not to quantify it. There's no mention of what the market average churn actually is. If this is a product that has no direct competitors as they claim, what "market average" are they comparing it to? Air-conditioner installs; smart lighting systems; e-meters...?

Red flags are still there and flopping in the breeze and need to be considered in line with whatever positives you may take from this report. There's no real mention of Nestle which was trumpeted mere months ago. Parse barely rates a mention and as such, I'd suggest it is no longer a potential revenue stream but rather a net negative; that is, it's costing them more to maintain than it is (or will) bring in profit. Commentary around Digicel is far less bullish than previously, to the point of being obvious by its omission. No doubt they're still generating income via this channel but the promised rivers of gold aren't flowing. The fact that there's no mention of Ohm by Digicel on any of Digical's online presence again screams loudly by it's omission. This was supposed to be a big priority and revenue spinner for Digicel - why then no mention of it? Rizon in the UK have the same 3-5 "employees" not they had 12 months ago, none of whom appear to work for the company full-time. Have Skybridge in Australia even been mentioned in a Buddy announcement in the last year?

These all add up to indicate not everything is as rosy as some here may want to believe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.