LYC 1.98% $6.92 lynas rare earths limited

where are you nick curtis?...

1. 1,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1942
    CNBC (US) Interview with Mark Smith CEO Moly (On "The Final Hour")...

The interview on CNBC showed a typically upbeat Mark Smith discussing the future of both Moly and Lynas... He seemed very negative when talking about the junior miners and just how difficult it will be for them to "make it to market"... He discussed the barriers of entry and said something to the effect that they would be lost due to the complexity of the industry and probably be M&A opportunities...

When asking Mr. Smith about Lynas (Malaysia) worries, the interviewer manipulated the question around asking about radioactive Thorium to asking about market opportunities to which Mr. Smith gushed about the demand for REEs...

He added...

"I wish nothing but the best for Lynas"

"We need MolyCorp and Lynas to fill the (supply) gap."

My question... Where is Nick Curtis? He desperately needs to address this Malaysian issue with the facts that convince HIM that the license is no problem... Come on, be positive and offer some innovative thinking like... Moly, Santako, Dacha, Rhodia, Neo Materials etc. are processing rare earths and are already successfully facing these issues in developed nations... Explain to the Malaysian government that the rest of the world is scrambling to shore up REE supply and Malaysia has the opportunity to participate in this revolution in mining and technology... Point out the fact that safe nuclear power generation using Thorium can (and probably will) provide electric power, this according to one of the greatest entrepreneurs and greatest minds of our time, Bill Gates (Microsoft founder and Chairman)... Be creative!...

Mark Smith was asked about any future headwinds... His response was a very emphatic "We see nothing that will stop us in the future"... When asked about the pps he thought it "has a lot of room to run"...

There is no question in my mind that Nick is a very savvy business man and has tremendous technical skills... This said, he needs to become much more visible and explain what is going on with Lynas... It is his job to steer the company through the headwinds and answer the questions, problems and solve the issues by working with the related party's... Then he needs to satisfy the shareholders with the level of communications that MolyCorp seems to exhibit... Lynas has a lot of potential but also they have Mark Smith... Compared to Moly, Lynas is vastly undervalued... We need a charismatic leader that can reflect this a do something for the share price!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.92
Change
-0.140(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $6.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.94 $6.97 $6.84 $15.53M 2.248M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 13835 $6.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.93 2500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.