GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

where can i buy gold in melb, page-5

1. dub
    33,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    Hi Soultrader,

My 2 bob's worth fwiw.

1. There is no GST on bullion bars and coins, and if the seller wants to charge for it give him the flick.

However GST is charged on proof coins (collector's coins) by law.

2. I've bought heaps of silver coins, silver bars and some gold coins on EBay over the last 5 years and have picked up some real bargains.

However, since precious metals have hit the limelight I find that prices being reached through Ebay bidding are significantly above the price you would pay through a lincensed bullion dealer.

Currently on EBay item 140101743621 is offering 1 KILO 999 SILVER BULLION BARS from Assorted Mints for $625 plus packaging, insurance and delivery costs.

Admittedly that's not auction price, but the next example is.

I've been watching a 1kg silver ingot on Ebay for a few days. It's 1.010Kg Australian Silver Bullion *MATTHEY GARRETT* Item number: 150106533247 and the sale has just ended.

If you check it out, it sold for $590 which does NOT include the cost of packaging and insured postage.

After that auction finished I rang Ainslie Bullion Company here in Brisbane (1800 819 474) and have just purchased 3 x 1kg silver ingots for $563 each, which will be delivered to me tomorrow for $12.

Same thing with gold bullion.

I suggest you look up Bullion Dealers in your Yellow Pages, find out their website or simply ring and check them out.

In Brisbane the Ainslie Company is at http://www.ainsliebullion.com.au/easyweb3/ID41356d60020ce3/?MIval=ew_view&WEBID=78594&ep_code=e004p01_stdEshop&page_code=buying_selling .

They might have an outlet wherever you are living.

good luck

dub

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.