Of course deaths attributable solely to COVID are low. I'm...

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Of course deaths attributable solely to COVID are low. I'm surprised it even came out as high as that but this is just a reflection on cases where underlying cause could NOT be found. COVID doesn't typically cause death on its own, it significantly contributes to the worsening of underlying conditions. Many, many people have an underlying condition they don't know about.
    The simplest way to gauge the effects of COVID is still to calculate excess deaths. In most countries despite efforts to reduce spread, have significant excess of deaths. If COVID isn't prominently responsible what is? No-one has come up with a plausible answer.
    600, 000 people in the US have their first heart attack a year. How many more are waiting to happen and just need a trigger like COVID? Would have been a worldwide tragedy without action. It's probable that people you know have a condition they are unaware of. I still can't believe people who think they are fit and healthy have no issue with the potential affect on tbeir family and friends just because 'I will be fine'. We really have become a selfish society.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.