EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

where did the $20m go?

1. 1 Posts.
    The Wharf affair is over, but there are still undisclosed issues.
    I bought EGO two years ago because I thought they were cheap (!) and have followed their progress ever since. I discovered HC two months ago and have been following the chat. It seems to me that there is a big issue being ignored. Whilst I agree with moving on, I have serious concerns which others seem to have forgotten, and I logged on to HC this weekend to raise them.
    Last November in the war of words between ERM and CM, ERM stated that one of the reasons for the coup was the overspending on red gulley. Then after the coup they stated that they would carry out a fully detailed review of all activities in the business. And we read that PWC have been brought in to carry out a full forensic study. All good stuff. In my experience it is normal practice for new management to flush out all the dirt as quickly as possible, and then move on.
    Having read the first quarterly report, and then the second quarterly report, and reading the postings during the last three weeks, it seems that CM’s original forecast for Red Gully was that it would cost about $10m, but eventually cost $38m.
    This leads to my questions:
    1. Where did that extra $20m go?
    2. Why is there no mention of it in the quarterly reports?
    3. Why are we not taking action against Momentum?
    4. We took action against Wharf for $3m, but did not chase CM for $20m, why? (we chased him for a paltry $20k - we’re really three decimal places out !)
    5. CM asked for and got a loan from ALCOA for $25m, when the forecast expenditure was $10m. OK get $15m for a contingency, but why ask for more than double what you need ?
    I am very concerned about the new board’s silence over these important issues. If we’re short of cash we should explore every possible avenue.
    Do we have to wait until the AGM to raise these questions?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.