FAR 2.91% 50.0¢ far limited

“Would this be a good time for WPL to negotiate a PE settlement...

1. 762 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 629
    “Would this be a good time for WPL to negotiate a PE settlement or mount a TO move on FAR”

I agree that it would be an opportune time for WPL to try (settlement attempt first and if that fails, move into TO mode), but the former would rely heavily on whether (a) WPL smell even the slightest chance of arbitration failure (no real indication of this so far) and (b) Cath is open to negotiation. Talks have broken down in the past but with Samo now out of the picture, she may consider it prudent to at least have another exploratory conversation if WPL come knocking. Don’t hold your breath, though - Cath won’t accept a raw deal (which is all WPL are likely to offer IMO) and I would expect her to fight for FAR’s independence (or at least a fair deal) in any TO scenario. If a TO does eventuate, it would be a pretty safe bet that WPL won’t be the only vulture at the table, so there’s a very real risk that WPL could lose out there as well. So at this juncture, I believe we’re going to ride arbitration all the way to a verdict. However this plays out, it’s shaping up to be an eventful year with many catalysts across our/neighbouring West African leases converging in H2 2019.

But first things first... a reminder that the “Big Five” award results are out on Thursday overnight or Friday morning.

I noticed Bazza is in the mix for an award as well, but I don’t imagine he and Cath will be clinking champagne glasses anytime soon. No love lost.

gh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.015(2.91%)
Mkt cap ! $46.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 52.5¢ 50.0¢ $45.91K 88.73K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5993 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 5982 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.08pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.