NIU 0.00% 2.0¢ niuminco group limited

Where Elephants Roam.....Gold,Silver,Tin, page-5

1. 438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    Lay of the land and weather patterns and PMV/taxi times!

On researching my next walkabout with a tag along -Good Old Mate Russel Coight to show him a different back yard experience, Elevating Above All Aussie Adventures which even includes a real Lasseter's Reef gold-panning excursion @ the much cooler Edie Creek along with misty conditions and heavy rain this will differently be much better than the burning aussie outback sun!

Walk from Wau (alt.1200m or 3900ft) to Edie Creek (alt. 2200m or 7200ft). Distance 14km This will take 4-5 hours depending upon fitness. From the Wau Ecology Institute the road climbs a steady gradient around Mount Kaindi up past Ribroaster prospect where a massive landslide is visible opposite Koranga Creek. The road then deviates from the 1943 road by zig-zagging steeply over a spur of Mount Kaindi before descending down to orange hotch-potch of workings at Edie Creek Mine. Ask at the mine office for permission to stop at the mine's transit house. There is a trade-store and small market here. The mine can arrange a gold-panning excursion if interested. A PMV can be caught up to Edie Creek taking 1 hour and costs K10. It is also possible to pay K30 to the driver to go all the way to Hidden Valley Exploration camp (an additional 40 minutes). It may also be possible to obtain a lift direct to Hidden Valley with an exploration vehicle from the Morobe Gold Office above the Wau Airstrip. This shouldn't be counted on however, and prior arrangements should be made if possible. Wau Ecology Institute (WEI) should be contacted for additional information. The climate is much cooler at Edie Creek and comes as a surprise. Misty conditions and heavy rain prevail on most afternoons.
    Wau-to-Edie-Creek-01-800.jpg
    Wau-to-Edie-Creek-01-800.jpg

Posted 2001 & Last updated 2006
    http://www.traveltheworldaround.com...and-festivals/19307-bulldog-track-morobe.html

MOO
    Take the walkabout trek!

MOO
    It will be more exciting than an agm!

FID
    MOO- my own opinion

P.S.
    If your not into the greater out doors They have a taxi service............
    A PMV can be caught up to Edie Creek taking 1 hour and costs K10.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NIU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.