ELK 0.00% 1.4¢ elk petroleum limited

where elk sits in the global implosion

1. 4,837 Posts.
    The markets have held up valiantly but it looks like they may have bursted their banks. Will ELK get swept away in the flood???..

The following is me taking a very amateurish guess at where things might go..Looking forward to peoples views of where ELK sits and how they feel we go when it comes to increasing the shareprice over time. CT you are an expert in this area so would appreciate your views. Binbin I suspect you would be very handy here to.. Sushi you might need to add an er, est, to your previous view on ELK, "cactus" cactuser cactusest.

Everything is relative to something, some things will go up some things will go down. with the overall trend a lower standard of living, made more pronounced due to a rising population. Today cash is going up everything else going down, will that continue??? Inflation or deflation??? We are certainly seeing deflation today, the thing is with so much debt out there deflation is self reinforcing if governments were to let it get going a positive feedback loop would ensue leading to the collapse of governments and the world as we know it. Leads to a very good case for governments to print and try and create inflation or at least limit the deflation..

I would expect over time that we will see a gradual transfer of wealth to those holding resources, energy, farmland etc.

Elk have around 6mbo ($3.50bo) which is fully funded through to production. With approx $15-$20bo?? production costs I expect investors would need around $50bo to make buying ELK now a rewarding longerterm proposition. ELK will be in the lower cost bracket so if the price falls too far higher cost production will be taken offline. At $50bo and below exploration and development of oil fields will collapse helping support the price. Decline will then outstrip supply forcing prices back up. And of course we have OPEC who need to keep the masses content and if prices started to fall would likely gain back their influence over oil pricing.

The only downside I can see is funding our way through to production.

Looking forward to any responses
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.