GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

where from here, page-22

1. Zia
    4,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 284
    Thanks Nitrous,

I'm not deliberately trying to fan any speculation, this is just an opinion.

Something that stood out for me in the last announcement was the following:

Project Partnering. The Company has been in discussions with other oil and industry related companies interested in partnering with us in the development of our acreage position which now appears to represent a project several times larger than originally estimated.

The key words for me are industry related. It may infer that it's not an O&G producer but rather a company like Halliburton or another supplier of fracking services as part of a vertical integration approach that has already been mentioned on this thread.

Another trend that may help us is the shift in rig movements from natural gas to oil plays.Here's an interesting snipet from Halliburton's Q1 Earnings Call:

In our fourth quarter call, we talked about 8 frac fleets moving from primarily natural gas plays to liquids plays. We now have an additional 5 fleets that have moved or in the process of moving this quarter. Due to the stability of oil prices, oils in the liquids-rich plays are generating higher returns for our customers.

No doubt there are many O&G companies that would be competing for these migrating rigs, companies much bigger and hold more sway than GGP but it can't hurt our cause. It may alleviate some of the bottleneck issues for fracking crews that have caused delays for many companies wanting to frack their wells.

You can read the whole Halliburton's CEO Discusses Q1 2012 Results - Earnings Call Transcript here

I guess we'll find out in around 6 weeks time.

cheers all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.