where has watso been...

1. 29,997 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    watso had got down to the stage of only dropping into hc on the very odd occasion - but noticed the other day, that there was an election forum. mmmm - what happened to the idea of no political posts??????. my guess is that it does attract viewers.

there are too many posts for watso to read through, but in the debate the other night, howard was gobsmacked by the following admission by howard (the following from the net)

The most damning moment for Howard came when he was unable to answer a fundamental question. Why should he be believed now, when he says a re-elected Coalition government would not further toughen the industrial relations system, given he had failed to reveal, indeed had denied, such plans before the last election?

Howard fluffed around about people needing to understand the nature of the political debate. "I think we have gone far enough," he said. He also appealed to voters to remember the benefits of WorkChoices. But it was obvious he was caught out. It was a bad look in a 90-minute contest in which the PM was visibly struggling.
    >>>>>>>

think about these words

"people need to understand the nature of political debate" - to watso, that simply means - "say anything do anything".

when howard uses the words in relation to "work choices" - ie "i think that we have gone far enough" mmmm - those words in themselves are meaningless - after all what does "i think mean" - when later on it an simply be brushed of as being nothing more than a "thought" - made in the context of a political debate

for the sake of democracy, it is good to have a change of government. for a host of reasons, watso, will direct his preferneces towards the labor party. watso's preferences, in the past, have gone to howard, since 1996

howard seems to be a bit concerned about wall to wall labor goverments, and thinks that the libs should have federal control as part of the "checks and balances" of our democratic system. one of the many reasons why watso is going to give his preference to labor, is because of the way that howard used the senate to ram through legislation, without any of the "checks and balances"

watso apologises to posters, who may have brought up these issues

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.