where housing investors could come unstuck

1. 26,672 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Housing falls will not neccessarily affect home buyers who plan on staying put, unless they lose jobs, and find themselves under water with what they paid in the last 2 or so years and current values.
    But property investors who fixed their loans for a period, that are now coming of the fixed term, banks ARE re valuing properties BEFORE automatically rolling over. So highly geared investors, who have piggybacked loans etc, may find themselves having to put money in, if valuations have fallen.(and i am told valuers are covering their butts and dropping values)
    If some of those house get forced onto the markets it will increase the pressure of increased stock, thus lowering prices further.
    Plenty of reports now coming through of investors having to find 30-50k extra to roll over with the same banks....
    If Job losses accelerate in Aus the snowball rolling down the hill will be getting bigger, if the rba drops rates , it will help a bit to keep people in their homes, but banks are tightening the criteria for new loans , so i dont see prices rising as it did a few years ago.
    just my thoughts and observations...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.