Thank you for pointing out that site. It may be a partial...

1. 679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 247

Thank you for pointing out that site. It may be a partial substitute for some of the functions of the CommSec Company Search feature.

However, the CommSec Company Search provided access to many more parameters.
    I cannot say how many because it's not available anymore but the 23 parameters that I was interrogating barely scratched the surface. It had things like the EPS forecast growth.
    The other important feature was that and if you didn't specify any limits to parameter values, it would simply return the parameter values for all the stocks on the ASX, so you could use it as a data source.

Periodically, I would use the binary presence or absence of a figure for EPS forecast growth to derive a list of "Stocks Without Analyst Forecasts" (SWAFs). I don't think there is anything on the Investing.com stock screener that can used as a tag to identify a list of SWAFs. When sieved by other criteria, such as Petroski's F-score, portfolios of selected SWAFs have done quite well. A few years back that approach picked out PME and JIN, both of which have had parabolic rises since.

I am very disappointed that CommSec have removed the Company Search facility after all this time and despite various assurances that I have been given in the past. It was a serious research tool.

I strongly suspect that whoever made the decision to remove the Company Search feature doesn't have a clue what it did, or how it could be used, nor why the Stock Screener elsewhere on the CommSec site is not a substitute.

If on the other hand, CommSec knew what the Company Search facility provided, why would they deliberately degrade their offering by taking it away?

Anyway, thanks again for the link. Much appreciated.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.