Director12I can't show you where you were wrong and you can't...

1. 6,762 Posts.
    Director12

I can't show you where you were wrong and you can't show me where you were right, certainly not by presenting a few lines that suggest a handful of textual discrepancies, the reason for which we do not know and is irrelevant to the overall grand religious concepts of both religions. As I've mentioned before, both religions were ethno-specific. They came as a response to serious decadence and corruption in specific areas and as such their message was cultural based in tone and their main objective was to bring about change in certain cultures as well as having grander all-purpose directives for all of us.

Anyway, relying on an understanding of the exact wording of the bible has led to 41,000 Christian religions, and several hundred sects of Islam at least. That 41,000 number I'm not so sure about, my JW friends bandy that number around. This is the very reason I don't throw 'copy and paste' stuff around. Interpretation is a beguiling beast and is no less subject to interpretation and wrong influence.

How is it possible to deny that Islam is a divine religion as is Christianity. 'You will know them by there fruits.' Look at the transformation of the people under the tutelage of Muhammad. First universities, first real scientists, great advances in morality and education, algebra invented, great advances in medicine, physics, astronomy, classical knowledge was preserved, such as that of Plato and Socrates etc, and translated back into European languages. They established Houses of Wisdom (great libraries) and shared their learning and insight. They turned in prayer to a single God, the God of the bible. If that is not FRUITS, then I don't know what is.

The early Christians equally also clearly bore fruit, so to speak. Neither religion is greater or lesser than the other. The religion of Moses and Abraham are no less than these 2 religions afore mentioned.

The comment you don't understand is the one that has caused the greatest misery in this world. Religious intolerance and a lack of insight into the divine origin of other religions. A Christian does not deny Moses or Abraham, they do however deny the station of Muhammad. If you deny Muhammad you deny Christ. If you deny Christ you deny Muhammad. You can't pick and choose. If you close off to one you are closed off to all, no matter what you imagine.

All that being said, I hate Islam in its present form. It has no future, apart from inflicting misery on the world. But, in its day it was a mighty source of enlightenment, and the God of Islam was the very same God of Israel.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.