GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Where is gold at?, page-5

1. 4,506 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I agree the US corporate economy is doing well & the wider economy has improved, but crikey it needed to.
    And it does not justify record levels in stock markets.
    Interesting, suggesting that the US political model is broken & stating what China's & Russia's views are on US foreign policy is considered US bashing. Its not. I love the good 'ol US of A & have had many good times there. But that's not to say that both the likes of China & Russia see issues around US government debt & that government can grind to halt over a debt ceiling everyone knows they will just lift anyway.
    Or that an elected president cannot enact any meaningful policy in any meaningful time frame.
    Here we have the most powerful country in the world that's government under any other scenario would be considered insolvent, an economy that requires zero interest rates, due to the state of the economy & its debt burden.

If everything in the US is so rosy (& I'm not suggesting they haven't improved) why are interest rates zero?
    If the economy is that fragile that it can't handle any level of interest rate, how does that justify record levels in equities?

Thorburn I agree with your previous comments about all we have learnt in regards economics etc have been turned upside down, however that doesn't mean what the CBs are doing will actually work & fundamentals wont eventually catch up with them. It will & the likes of China play the long game, not like the US who just care about the next quarterly report.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.