MSB 1.01% 98.0¢ mesoblast limited

Just have a hunch that Novartis are probably going to take up...

1. 5,480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8926
    Just have a hunch that Novartis are probably going to take up full rights to remestemcel-l i.e. including Ryoncil for SR-aGVHD.

Based on the lack of update, I can only assume that the FDA has kept it's position in that it wants an RCT run before it can give any approval for Ryoncil. If this is the case, it then becomes a bridge too far IMO to go it alone for such a small market... this is in light of much larger heart, backpain and ARDS indications that may also come online the same time as SR-aGVHD.

So if Novartis are held up a bit, it may just be that Mesoblast are trying to extend the collaboration beyond ARDS. Of course this is just a hunch, so take it with a pinch of salt .. or maybe a teaspoon.

And remember... MSB's MPCs and MSCs work across multiple indications... this has been shown in large scale and well controlled phase 3 randomised controlled trials... what MSB hasn't quite been able to nail is the trial design, and in all fairness when you are a small biotech trying to pioneer stem cell research.. and running the largest RCT's ever run globally.. it was always going to be a challenge to be able to get it completely right the first time around... Novartis now have a chance to run a second round of RCT's with much more confidence... remestemcel-l with Dex for ARDS for under 65yrs... what big pharma looking at Heart and lower back pain (in the US) are in the same boat.

Second half of 2021 is going to be packed with FDA and partnership updates... good or bad, that's the risk we take.. but the announcements are coming.

Goodluck all
    Last edited by stockrock: 21/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
98.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $1.118B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.00 $1.01 98.0¢ $4.720M 4.751M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 171759 98.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.0¢ 16000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.