NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

where is potts?, page-10

1. 2,949 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 914
    smartdude,

It is not my place to answer that question in relation to PM's cost of shares.

Your question in relation to the Norwesterly and the

"Program going forward"
    The last six months, or indeed the last twenty four months have been extremely busy as Norwest
    continued to establish the dataset to understand the full potential of the Arrowsmith field. In recent
    times we have made advances that we have discussed here and we are encouraged with the progress,
    however there is still much anticipation of what is to come, with the ongoing analysis of the
    Carynginia, the planned well test for the High Cliff Sandstone interval, and the flowback and testing of
    the IRCM.
    Additionally, during the next four to five weeks, Norwest expects to receive the DeGolyer and Mac
    Naughton resource evaluation report, which will be significant in assisting with the planning of a
    development program and strategy for the Arrowsmith field.
    Apart from continuing activity in the Arrowsmith well, the next major field activity will be the 100sq
    km 3D seismic survey scheduled for Q3/4 2013. The prime objectives of the 3D seismic survey are to:
    ? More accurately map HCSS closure,
    ? Map the base of the Kockatea Shale,
    ? Identify shale “sweet spots” to target in future drilling programs,
    ? Map the areal extent and profile of each shale section, and
    ? Assist with the planning of future horizontal well(s).
    At this time it is not known which interval(s) will be high-graded, and therefore targeted for a future
    drilling program. Each of the formations targeted by Norwest in the Arrowsmith-2 campaign are
    considered prolific and extensive plays within the Basin.

The way that I read the Norwesterly in its entirety, is that the 3D Seismic will be undertaken after the flowback of the A2 well results have been obtained.
    I would like to remind you that they have run into substantial difficulties in getting the well to clean up and to get flow results from each of the sections.
    So I reject your insinuation that they have been negligent/misleading in making the application when they have, this well is running its own agenda and is taking some time to tame, but NWE have not screwed it up by rashly doing something incorrectly and causing the abandonment and plugging the well.

It is still alive and active.

The time that it is taking to get to the results is being dictated by the well not by NWE.
    The well is the master at this point in time.

TerryA,
    As far back as 12/10/2010 A2 was referred to as a test well.
    In the Norwesterly 30/11/2011 it was referred to proof of concept.
    It was at the AGM of 2011 which was attended by Markob that the American experts expressed the opinion (I am unclear as to whether that was during the formal part of the meeting or in a conversation that he had with them at the nibbles after the meeting) that the HCSS section of tight sandstones would be commercial,
    Markob posted that here on "copper" amongst his meeting report.
    I know that I was very pleased to read that information and it may still turnout that when the well cleans up that this is indeed correct information.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.