NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Is it just my paranoia or am I starting to worry un-necessarily...

1. 25 Posts.
    Is it just my paranoia or am I starting to worry un-necessarily that the apparent escalation of opposition to fracking for shale gas will be a significant inhibitor to potential investors in NWE particularly when the company is drilling in the Perth Basin which, in some opponents to fracking belief is too close to Perth's ground water resource. The opposition,as well as the usual groups includes the WA Health authorities, is mounting a strong campaign to put a moratorium on fracking until the chemicals which are used in fracking are identified and found to be safe. There is also concern about the vast amount of water that apparently must be used in the process.

Not only is it the Perth Basin drilling that is being opposed but also activity in the Canning Basin which of course is located in the Kimberly region. The same groups that stopped the development of the on shore liquefied gas facility at James Point near Broome have joined together to stop shale gas development there too.
    It seems that if there is likely to be an abundance of shale gas throughout the world why should international O&G companies bother with all the hassle and cost of setting up in Australia?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.