SYA 3.23% 3.0¢ sayona mining limited

Where is the DFS?, page-18

1. 694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 682
    Hi Batman08, thanks for the mention. Due to my background, I'm a combination of business + investment (attempting to get the best of both worlds and hopefully do not inherit the worst of both sides). My approach is I pick stocks to invest as if I'm choosing businesses to start/run. Hence, I'm quite concentrated (ie not too diversified) in a few companies within battery materials space. And I take a long term (10-20) years view of my investments, but it doesn't mean I buy and hold for 20 years.

As for AMAL/TAW, I will not cross promote in SYA forum. For learnings, I'll just say it is a company with great potentials (mainly with what's in the ground) but it has it's fair share of issues. Also it's approach of starting small+quick is very good business strategy for the company but not-so-great for traders & investors in the short/mid term. Which is why the SP didn't go far. Personally I see the planned merger as the solution before the company can grow to it's full potentials. But the uncertainty is rubbing the wrong shoulders now.

As for SYA, I would say it is somewhat quite similar to the TAW storyline. Though it doesn't have the JV issues to deal with, it does have its own set of issues. Sharing management with AJM is a great advantage but at this juncture, the management is probably spending much more time fire fighting at AJM (going production, managing the almost bankrupt offtaker etc). Not saying that they not working for SYA, but everyone has only 24 hours everyday. And not to mention the permit issue at Authier causing some delays. Having said all these, I'm optimistic of the long term potentials of SYA, given the multiple sites in Quebec and WA. The risks (of course there are risks) are not moving fast enough to ride the surging EV wave and available fundings. I see 2 ways to trade/invest in SYA. One is trade for 100-150% returns in next 6-9 months with news on Authier DFS, BAPE/permits, offtakes and maybe some drilling results from WA site. Two is invest for 400-500% returns for 2-3 years.

All the best... Just my humble opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.001(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $308.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.1¢ 3.0¢ $655.3K 21.50M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
131 33563667 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.1¢ 503427 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.