RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

where is the rrs moderator, page-23

1. 3,376 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    redninja83

You said

How does pongo get away with what? Use the TOU Violation button if you want the mods to look into stuff. We don't read every post you know.

Well having been alerted to pongo, did it ever occur to check him out via a quick search of his history. Actions speak louder than words and pongo’s actions are there for all to see. Even you, if you could really be bothered!

And

"I'll leave your useless an inflammatory post here so that others can
    read it and get the context to what i'm replying to, but please don't go
    around saying HotCopper pays idiots to post crap all over the forums".

It looks as though Marnice in her plea for sanity and a sense of fair play on the forum, has finally hit a nerve. It reminds me of the old saying, “Methinks that you prostesth too much" and that your overly strong handed reply to the bearer of what is quite simply ‘valuable’ advice, smacks of a shoot the messenger type approach.

I say ‘valuable’ advice as I would assume that the reputation of Hot Copper as a credible exchange of information and opinion would be a first priority for its owners and its administrators. The actions of the overt stock bashing fraternity have turned the Range Resources threads into a farce. They do no service to the company or other posters and simply help to destroy Hot Copper’s credibility by trivializing the forum.

For a considerable time, I have been appalled by the rubbish that pervades the RRS threads; rubbish that masquerades as opinion. Certainly the uprampers have been prevalent in the past, but even more prevalent has been the actions of individuals who are solely bent on destroying the credibility of this company, and of posters who speak affirmatively about it. A select group of posters have attempted to trash all and sundry RRS threads on the forum and flood them with continual negative bias.

Recently, I have posted on the topic of stock bashers to help alert forum members to the motives and practices of posters such as pongosniffavitch, eldersxl, scarva, shrewd crude, and insidemoney. Perfect Stage was another repetitive basher prior to his/her resignation earlier this year. The posts of these members are prolific, always negative, usually trivial, poorly researched, generally antagonistic, always contain no basis in fact, and generally attempt to convey a negative perception of the company and of anyone who speaks positively about the company.

Again, a quick search of their posting histories will reveal this sorry situation for yourself first hand.

I am aware of the efforts of genuine posters to seek re-dress through the TOU system, but as yet, constructive action has simply failed to materialize from the moderators. The stock bashers are as prevalent now as ever they have been.

I don’t believe that posters mind hearing negative news. In fact, if it is accurate information from a reliable source then it is to be welcomed. Unreliable information repeated over and over again, or previous company failings repeated ad nausea serve no useful purpose whatsoever (except for the agendas of manipulators) and the initiators of such posts should be brought to account.

I feel that you have treated marnice somewhat harshly. RRS has regularly appeared on the most frequently posted stocks list as published by Hot Copper on its welcoming page. As a result RRS would attract the scrutiny of most who visit the forums, attempting to assess the prospects of the company, and trying to find out what the fuss is all about. Marnice has done you a favour in drawing the RRS threads to your attention, as perceptions count a lot, and most visitors would be aghast at the crap that awaits them on the highly profiled RRS threads. Simply admonishing her for short circuiting the TOU system is extremely unfair. Particularly as the TOU system obviously hasn’t worked for RRS in the past.

At least by your response, you have breathed new life into the TOU system. You have put all posters on notice that the TOU button is the way to go to censure the ramblings and deceit of those who post with ulterior motives on the RRS threads. Incidentally you have also put yourself on notice as long suffering forum members will be anxious to see if the stock bashing practices now cease.

In my opinion, Hot Copper could do much worse than to listen and act on marnice’s advice. She is one of the most fair minded, well researched, efficient, objective posters on the forums whose contributions always add value; unlike the above mentioned posters who trivialize and demean for all they are worth. In fact she would be ideally suited as a moderator on the administrative team.

In closing, might I suggest that the Banker has outlined the way forward when he posted “Why not get rid of the fishermen instead of the fish?

That approach would have my vote, and it would certainly make for an excellent start in cleaning up the RRS forum.

Regards
    Nev

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.