MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Hi MEOmitesYou know what concerned me about the ranting over the...

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi MEOmites

You know what concerned me about the ranting over the last couple of days?

Any potential new investor in MEO who saw the A#1 report no 3 on Wednesday and were thinking of investing in the company may have looked at HC to find out information about the company. What they would have found was a tirade of vehemence against the company and they would have quickly put the thought of investing out of their mind.

This happened last year. Unfortunately it is in the interest of ST traders to use such events to force the SP down and others fall for it. It is all mind games.

The lower the SP the bigger their margins, it's that simple.

There were only a few posts keeping it real. I don't know why people invest in a company they hate so much unless they have an alternative motive to stir the pot.

This does not mean that I don't think SHs cannot show their frustration and disappointment in a temporary fall in the SP. We know this happens all the time in all stocks including MEO for a multitude of reasons. What it does do is give the downrampers potential fuel so they join in.

I thought HC was a forum for sharing information about public listed companies. Sometimes it goes off like firecrackers and I think it loses its way somewhat but that can be expected in an anonymous forum.

All I know is that I am holding shares in a company with a very hard working team who I can see really want the plan to work. Of course I would like to see a profit but I am not doing much to earn that profit bar taking a risk in the companies I invest in. That is why I have to trust the management. Without that trust I wouldn't be writing this.

All I can do is share information.

The company has made another unpopular decision in the latest CR but that is the nature of this business. I don't think retail investors have much more money to invest. I know if I had any more disposable cash I would have invested it in MEO long before now.

So many smaller investors have been targeted all over the market and they are hurting. The general climate is that people are struggling to pay the mortgage let alone invest in one of the listed companies. Those that have, have been targeted by experienced traders and have left disappointed.

How is MEO going to fund their ambitious business plan? Production is one way but in the O$G game big dollars are needed to reach that point. The only other way is to look for more investment. A SPP would see the SP fall even more as the current holders would sell their shares to be able to participate.

If we really think about it the CR was a wise move and, if we decide to continue investing in MEO, we will be thankful of it in the future. To get fresh funds for future projects whilst increasing the cash balance by 3cps is a good thing in my mind - or am I missing something. So those that could afford it got the shares cheaply to the current SP of the day, but, like I said in my other post, they were dearer than the previous 12 months.

Speaking about children and the environment, I look to invest in companies that have plans to assist the environment and not work against it. In their concept of TS, MEO have worked out a system to not only reduce carbon emissions by converting the CO2 into methanol but they will also prevent the need to lay kms of pipes over the sea bed.

And for my children and grandchildren I am also hoping that MEO will not only give me an income but I will also have a legacy of some MEO shares to pass down to them.

For this to happen I understand that the company must grow and it must be allowed to do so. I don't see how it can if we are constantly looking to squeeze blood out of the stone. Without cash the company will fall by the wayside like so many other O&G companies. Every time they drill other companies have a CR to fund it and if they miss then they are back to square one.

I am quite happy with the 100% gain over the last few months and the continuation of the uptrend. If A#1 is successful then it will continue. If it does not then MEO will have used it to further protect our investment through the CR.

Now I am concentrating on the drilling of A#1 and the positives of the company. I would rather leave the running of the company in the capable hands of the management.

We are in control of the SP by buying and selling the shares so lets not make it easy for the sharks out there.

#:>()

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.