RGT 64.7% 42.0¢ argent biopharma limited

Aussilver - I am going to make (perhaps rashly) the assumption...

1. 13,862 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2357
    Aussilver - I am going to make (perhaps rashly) the assumption that you are making a serious comment about an Australian facility.

Ask yourself a question. Would it make business sense to spend millions of dollars on a facility in Australia?
    1) 95% of the potential business is outside of Australia. That is a conservative estimate and it is probably not even that big.
    2) MXC already has a state of the art facility in Slovenia - duplication makes very little sense at the moment.
    3) They ae developing another facility in Malta - as a way of cementing a place in the EU market place.
    4) MXC is concentrated in Europe - not Australia where the market will be a fraction of the European market. Australian market is in its infancy and not moving forward as fast as it is in Europe or North America.
    5) In reality, gaining an Australian growing licence is not such a big deal when everything else is taken into account. In effect, the licence becomes an asset for the business in itself rather than an automatic mechanism for expansion. MXC will piggy back on RMIT for the research licence and HL for the export licence in Australia. Isn't that clever of MXC to organise it that way?
    6) Australia is still coming to terms with the new Cannabis industry - this is very clear when we look at the ODC. They are still trying to learn as well. By their admission, they started off under funded and undermanned and without a viable plan and underestimated the number of applications they would receive- they have had to work at rectifying that. The result is they are something like 14 months behind in granting licences. 

I would have thought that the environment would actually prohibit building a facility here in Australia - that may change 5 years from now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.