RGT 1.54% 33.0¢ argent biopharma limited

Where is?, page-299

1. 13,969 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2380
    One last point then. Why did I say that the Australian growing licence was not that important.

BTW: I never heard that it was to facilitate anything like what you believe and I don't think that is likely to be the case.

As I said earlier, the main advantage of having the Australian growing licence is as an asset that would be considered if another company wanted to acquire MXC - they get all the other bits and pieces plus an instant ability to develop a growing facility - licences are not easy to get and as we have found out take a long time to obtain.

MXC already has growing facilities - Czech Republic/Slovenia/future Malta operations. It does not need to grow more product. The amount used in MM products is fairly small. 

Well, what if they wanted to create a supply situation for other companies? Again, there are issues that would make the Australian growing facility hard pressed to make any profits - or indeed shift all of what it grows. Look at the environment now and in the near future.

1) Australia (and New Zealand for that matter) already has companies growing cannabis or about to. So, the available market share in Australia/Pacific is going to be minute.
    2) Canada has already stated that its aim is to have the largest Cannabis industry in the world - and the US is moving to produce more as well. I suspect no market share will be left for outside producers.
    3) European countries are ratcheting up production with the view of satisfying future needs - Denmark, the Netherlands and Germany are stand outs at the moment. The Malta facility will actually be a really good asset for EU operations. Not to be discounted. In any case, Australian Cannabis has little chance of selling much in that environment - and where Canada can supply any short fall
    4) that leaves Asia and two problems - firstly, a cultural resistance to what is still seen as a  narcotic and, secondly, Asia can meet its own demands - and China will make sure it is the biggest producer taking any chance of Australia exporting product there. Don't need a lot of room to grow a lot of Cannabis.

Unless there is a massive take up of MXC products that require more raw material, growing in Australia makes no sense at all for MXC.

What does make sense is having a company with all the tools - research/existing products/ EU GMP certification/existing production/supply agreements AND a licence that would enable a company to hit the ground running and be able to quickly develop substantial supplies of raw material.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.0¢
Change
0.005(1.54%)
Mkt cap ! $15.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.5¢ 34.5¢ 32.0¢ $5.411K 16.32K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1666 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 600 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.