PER 2.86% 7.2¢ percheron therapeutics limited

The immediate markets that ANP are targeting for the next...

1. 76 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17

The immediate markets that ANP are targeting for the next ATL1102/DMD trials are the EC and U.S., with the expectation that the EC will get underway first. The recent announcement regarding patent coverage which has been positively received on these thread informs us that " Australian Provisional Patent Application No. 2021903024 was filed 20 September 2021" .

But why did didn't they apply for the patent direct in one or both of these markets which are critical to the success of the company ? Is it an indication that they intend to remain based in Australia and build from here, or perhaps because they don' t have the funding to do so, or something else ?

I have complete confidence that Dr. Tachas has these issues covered, but would have preferred some more detail to have been included. The EC is, after all, a huge group of Nations - 28 plus some affiliates like Israel I think, which has been under severe stress for years held together mainly by Mrs. Merkels remarkable strength of character which is no longer there. I think we have much less clarity as to how it functions than we get from the U.S.

Another point, regarding the latest announcement - I think it weakens rather than strengthens the Board because of Mr. Goolsbee's decision to retire, as it was he who in my view delivered the successful trial results, but I hope Dr. Price can do something just as good particularly from his participation in the PPMD group. Incidentally, I don't take his retirement from the Board as necessarily meaning his retirement from working - at the last live Board meeting he appeared to be full of vitality in his own unique way - so he may perhaps have other plans in mind which will keep him involved in some way I cannot think of maybe back in the U.S. ?

Overall, I share the view that there are other things going on we have not yet been informed of. It seems to me that the FDA, which is much more forthcoming in telling everyone where they stand, is almost exhorting ANP to go as hard as possible for earliest access to their market.

From where it sits right now as far as they have informed shareholders, this little Aussie bleeder company has a mind-blowing task if it is to achieve the results hoped for in the short-term.

Back on patent protection, even a successful filing may have to be fought for. Those posters who have participated in and followed the markets over a long period like Mac3 will probably recall the well-publicized experience of the CSIRO who back in 1991-2 filed patents first in Australia, then in the major overseas developed markets for some important early internet technology developed by 5 of their scientists, which was eventually included in a global internet standard and was entitled to royalty earnings from all makers of equipment that participated in the standard, which it duly offered to them. After failing to obtain agreement to pay the royalty, CSIRO in 2005 took fourteen of the leading technology firms in the US to court, winning around AUD $200 million and getting about one third of the total industry to sign licensing deals, followed by a further AUD $250 million subsequently won in court from most other infringers. These were the major makers, not 3rd rate rip-off outfits. The point I am trying to make is that, even though CSIRO won their cases and benefiitted financially in the end, it took them probably 15 years to do so, which I think would be beyond the capacity of anything but the largest firms.

That's enough for now.

Michael Caton may be available for a Directorship ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.