TNT 0.00% 13.0¢ tesserent limited

Where to from here, time for changes !

1. 4,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 515
    that’s just not true. Kurt was never the CEO at PSZ! He was brought in to run the security division and increased both revenue and profit in that division before it was sold to TNT. He was only brought into PSZ in November 2017, when it was already a basket case. Less than 2 years later ebitda for the security division was up around 46% and then it was sold to TNT in order to get enough cash to keep the other divisions afloat.

When PSZ was first floated it was well over 70c by the time Kurt was appointed it was 14c. Absolutely nothing to do with him.
  2. 176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    I shared your view in your first paragraph for some time. And strongly considered bailing out.

But my view of the Board’s decisions over the past couple of years is that they are completely focused on the long term and are prepared to take the short term hits.

So I’ve changed my objective of making a quick return to a much longer term view. Given the way the share price has been tracking it appears I may well be one of very few who are comfortable to sit and wait for the long term decisions they have made to play out, as I suspect their strategy is sound. And we are promised the details of the strategy before 30 June.

Additionally I’m not so critical of their use of normalised or operating profit. I think it measures the effectiveness of the management, and correctly relieves the management of the long term decisions the Board is rightly making, such as acquisitions, change in funding, and investments. Some of those decisions may not have been taken by a management team chasing the short term given those decisions have strongly impacted short term profitability.

I do agree with your assessment of their communication to the market - it’s woeful. But again, maybe it underlines their focus on the future rather than the short term. Nonetheless it needs to be fixed - soon.

A critical point for me will be when they release the details on how they plan to get to $500M revenues in the next few years. And how they communicate it.

Good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.