PIQ 0.58% 85.0¢ proteomics international laboratories ltd

Where to from here?, page-50

1. 6,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5274
    Hi JK, absolutely agree with you. I posted an interview with Dr George Bakris this morning which was very enlightening, especially about standard of care & SGLT2 inhibitor class (ie Invokana). This means that every diabetic patient at ANY risk of CVD/CKD should be prescribed this class of drug, & not in particular for gylcaemic control (blood sugars) but as a preventative for developing/worsening of these related diseases. I think from the article ADA (2020) guidelines should be out soon, and it appears that on this recent news, standards of care are changing in T2DM.

1 in 3 people with type 2 diabetes in the USA have CKD & many are unaware of it. Cleary current screening is not enough.

I think this is why we are seeing the dots connect between Govt, peak Not for Profit bodies (AKF), Big Pharma (J&J -Janssen) and Medical advisory boards & yes there will be a massive shift in screening, when this class of drugs becomes standard of care. It’s the first drug available in 20 years to help address this problem, so you can envisage big changes happening in how T2DM and related diseases are treated, and potentially for us, how the risk factors are identified before they occur. CDx can now happen, because there is a companion drug to go with PromarkerD, that was not available for CKD until earlier this month. GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
85.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $111.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
86.0¢ 86.5¢ 83.5¢ $147.2K 173.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 18208 83.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
85.0¢ 12633 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PIQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.