BMN 2.05% $2.39 bannerman energy ltd

German reactors (17 in total) consumed around 7 million pounds...

1. 11 Posts.
    German reactors (17 in total) consumed around 7 million pounds of Uranium in 2010 which ranks them about 6th in the world for uranium requirements (for reactors). That is approximately 3.7% of world demand (based on 190million pound consumption for 2010). The forecasts I'm looking at show that in 2020 demand should be something in the vicinity of 320 million pounds. If Germany were to shut down its reactors sometime around then it would lead to a 2.2% drop in demand. I guess the question is how significant is 2.2% in the scheme of things? Considering a lot of other countries still see nuclear energy as a very viable solution I can't really imagine Germany shutting down its reactors is going to have much flow on effect. In fact I had a bit of a chuckle when Areva's CEO Anne Lauvergeon commented on the German situation by saying "It's hard to see how they will replace the energy. I'm not sure there is enough Polish coal, and it creates carbon problems. Alternative energy sources are intermittent sources. I think they will do what Austria did in its time: import nuclear electricity from neighbouring countries."

Bollingerbob, BMN definitely has a world class deposit..however their project is very dependent on future uranium prices. Most of the price forecasts I have seen suggest Uranium prices over the next 10 years will be somewhere in the vicinity of $60-$80. I am curious to know your thoughts on this, as you seem to be a strong believer and promoter of BMN. Considering their OPEX is somewhere in the vicinity of $42.5 before FOB and royalties, do you think BMN has a viable project if uranium hangs around its current price? On top of this, do you have any concerns about the fact that they still need to fund a project with a cost 10x their current market cap?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.39
Change
-0.050(2.05%)
Mkt cap ! $420.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.42 $2.46 $2.38 $986.6K 409.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 22 $2.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.42 2117 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.