AGM 0.00% $1.60 australian governance & ethical index fund

where to next week, page-17

1. 236 Posts.
    Buddy,

The is the hardest part of the whole equation!

Breaking it down into parts:

Fund managers and institutions will find it very hard looking at the bottom line to not be tempted by the bid. The question on their mind is the same as everyonelse involved on both sides . IF the bid is pulled how far will it fall and how long will it take to recover? These people answer to numerous stakeholders and people put money into funds to get growth.( But I suppose all males in this situation will find it just as hard answering to the wife/partner if it goes not as expected. Flaming on this site is just amature compared to a worked up flaming wife! Thats why I have a shed!)

Now the answer to your question/postulation on hedge funds and arb plays. These people will do what is in their best interests. Yes they have been known to sell at a loss ( small compared to their overall position in the market one would hope!) for what ever reason. Different set of rules in regard to these players in the market and yes they are PLAYERS (imo).

I am HAPPY to be rebuffed if people feel my analysis of the situation requires it and opposing views do add to the bigger picture not diminish it( not opposing flaming).

Also again how do posters see the emerging trend of chinese companies taking a BLOCKING stake in what I consider quality companies?( yes I believe AGM is a quality company but at the moment I am looking at the situation from an INVESTMENT point of view seperated from a COMPANY point of view)Probably should start a new thread in general if anyone is interested in discussing this .

Also don't worry so much about posters opinions and don't take it personal . Take what you will with a grain of salt (as they say ( I hope))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.