AC8 0.00% 4.0¢ auscann group holdings ltd

where to next?, page-1368

1. 1,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    I guess people are thinking of profit taking (if there is any) or reduce risk or set stop loss orders in case of a crash ... It's been a nice ride for those who got the gut to buy in when AC8 was in the 30s.

I have done further reading into cannabis oils and the instability of the chemical compounds. When they discuss the problem of CBD-infused cannabis drinks, it seems clear that the worst enemy of the THC compounds are light and oxygen. Exposure to air and/or light rapidly breaks down the chemicals. This is why the big talk is about micro-encapsulation. My inference is that the inherent instability that causes the chemicals to break down without exposure to light and/or oxygen is a concern but not so critical assuming that the product is consumed within a time period after manufacturing (don't know how long). So, micro-encapsulation can deliver "virtual" solid particles (of bee wax or some other solid) with tiny droplet of cannabis oils encapsulated within. And these particles can be put into the hard coloured capsules to get more protection from light.

They are struggling to produce the CBD-infused drink that can release the chemicals quick enough (more like alcohol) and last long enough on the shelves. But so far no company has been able to produce anything.

The absence of any detail from AusCann's past announcements about their proprietary technology leads me to believe that this was all what they wanted to do. However, they did not have the micro-encapsulation technology. They did not have anything really. So they decided to announce a hoax and hoped that the technologies would eventually become available on the market (ready to be licensed and used for real). So they waited and waited and hoped and hoped. Now, PCI has been able to acquire the technologies for the job. But the process is still with technical issues so we still have not seen the products. And hence, there is no arrangement for trials until all these are ironed out and the capsules are good enough for a trial. But frankly, I see no advantage for hard capsules over gel capsules. One can just store gel capsules in a dark container to completely block out the light. The idea that micro-encapsulated cannabis oils stored in tiny particles would make the product easier for human digestive system absorb still waits for proof.

If my speculation were right, AusCann was just a restaurant without a chef. It planned to order take-away from others to serve its customers. And there is only one item on the promised menu! It's the promised hard capsules.

Anyway, it's been great for the retail long that the share price has managed to climbed back to 50c. I think one should be grateful and set a stop loss order just under 50c in case the next announcement is disappointing like all announcements they made this year so far.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AC8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.