AC8 0.00% 4.0¢ auscann group holdings ltd

where to next?, page-1371

1. 1,299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    I read the quarter report released by EXL on their business this morning and found this.

"Risk of stock obsolescence is mitigated by extracting biomass into CBD oil which then has up to a 3-year shelf life."

This is interesting as now I know that the cannabis oils have 3 years shelf life. This assumes the best storage practice known to date due to the inherent instability of the compounds. What this means is that companies would want to use the oils within the 1.5 years of extraction otherwise they would go past half of the shelf life.

The production of cannabis oils must happen quickly from harvest to extraction and shipping to the pharmaceutical manufacturer then encapsulated (if the tech exists) then made into gel capsules (or the promised hard capsules by AusCann) then to pharmacies ... This is much like food production to me. The window is not large. If there is a continuous degradation of potency then the dosage will be inaccurate. It would be a real problem to tell patients "If your bottle is 3 months old from the date of manufacturing, take an extra pill ..." It would be a funny business to have "Best used before date" on the package just like food items.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AC8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.