TLS 0.52% $3.86 telstra group limited

Just had an internet outage at home for a day and a bit, made me...

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    Just had an internet outage at home for a day and a bit, made me wish i was with an ISP that provided Fixed Wireless as a backup, like Telstra does...

I previously mentioned Telstra has unrealized potential, and Telstra modem and mobile backup and significant market share is one of those assets that Telstra isnt getting its full value out of.

Telstra was prevented from competing with NBN using fixed wireless for last mile untill some time after NBN rollout was complete, which must be getting close because there have been noises about putting some users onto fixed wireless.

Its only Optus and TPG that can do it on the same level, but Optus will wholesale the service for others (Vocus is one), still Telstra has strongest mobile network and largest NBN user base, so has the strongest hand in using fixed wireless to improve margins, and at the same time pressure NBNCo to reduce the charges for NBN Fixed line.

If a significant amount of users start switching to fixed wireless (which Telstra can do with $0 cash costs), NBNCo can lose market share, or start competing on price, if NBNCo competes on price, it increases margin on Telstras Fixed line NBN service.

Just needs managment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.86
Change
-0.020(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $44.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.86 $3.87 $3.84 $58.46M 15.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 68399 $3.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.87 76368 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.