TLS 0.76% $3.92 telstra group limited

First imo the govt and telstra should have never mentioned tls's...

1. 9,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 460
    First imo the govt and telstra should have never mentioned tls's potential involvement , the obvious threat being to tls's chinese mainland infrastructure.Something i had considered even before this stupid announcement.
    Second imo its an obvious strategic purchase for the govt ,thats strategic not commercial..
    Thirdly many have said the leo satellite constellations will be a threat to tls Australia,rubbish imo.
    But the leo telco satellite constellations will be a major threat to digicel.These thousands of cheap telco satellites will cover the thousands of pacific islands including their captals with cheap internet thats what these leo telco constellations are designed to do.
    Bottom line if i was penn i would have immediately denied any interest in the digicel acquistion and imo only its no wonder digicel is up for sale,their margins will be crushed as leo constellations are rolled out imo only.
    The threat to tls's global connectivity could be a major issue for tls holders ,if china decide to make an example of tls (Australia) even if it gives verizon and ntt a competitive advantage in connecting china to global connectivity they will.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.