TLS 1.39% $3.66 telstra group limited

Hi GR,first i'm not going to be posting on tls,maybe only if...

1. 9,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    Hi GR,first i'm not going to be posting on tls,maybe only if there r serious changes or developments and i decide to buy back in which i doubt for many reasons including the following .

If shareholders r content with a 1H 22 eps figure of 5.9 cents after the basic completion of T22 then thats their choice.The eps figure sums up all the tls financials including capex on the network,cost cutting,new sector developments etc etc
    As posted i also feel FCF will come under pressure as tls starts the process of leasing back infrastucture they have sold.

What i find fascinating is the game changing developments in this sector besides 5g.
    That would be laser connectivity between satellite to satellite and satellite to ground being basically real time and the implications for the telco sector .
    I was never a fan of satellite to deliver broadband when RF spectrum was the only choice ie very slow and unreliable.
    Laser (real time) will cover 99% of future space connectivity and all new satellites are hybrid ie laser/RF as the laser connectivity is introduced.

Relevance to tls and the entire telco sector u only need to look at the recent announcement by tls to spend approx $1.5b on linking Australian capitals with fibre,basically duplicating bevan slattery's hyperone project.

Tls has an agreement with the viasat geo constellation to provide the constellation with ground infrastructure and maybe other asian countries which is good but again what will be the final effect of this type of connectivity.Because now we r reading tls has made an agreement with one web in the leo sector to counter elons leo spacelink.The reason this is now necessary is imo soley because of the real time development of laser connectivity.
    Example elon's leo constellation provides real time connectivity to a ground customer,because of the same issues laser has as 5g regarding clouds,biuldings,trees etc but now if one of elons satellites is blocked by weather it can transfer the data from one satellite to another satellite then to the ground customer basically in real time and more reliable.
    The question must be asked who will elon use in Australia.for ground infrastructure.? my guess bevan's hyperone.
    GL GR just my opinion but again i wont by posting on tls anymore unless major changes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.66
Change
0.050(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $42.28B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.60 $3.66 $3.60 $194.6M 52.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 106561 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 1245826 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.