TLS 0.26% $3.84 telstra group limited

Renewables generally run on subsidies (or at least preferential...

1. zog
    2,990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 910
    Renewables generally run on subsidies (or at least preferential treatment on supply). When the sun is shining and/or the wind blowing renewable energy is taken by the grid - on a sunny day (particularly with a wind) poer generated between about 11.00am to 2.00pm is "curtailed" (i,e wasted). Windmills use rare earths in their powerful magnets - rare earth mines produce more radio active tailing than uranium mines - great way to contaminate the countryside.

Renewables about about 60% lead to instability of the electricity network not just through lack of power during a wind drought (happens quite frequently - up to 3 days). Batteries (with a 10 year life simply do not "cut the mustard"in terms of costs over a period of arounf 30 years and since their is no ïnertia"in the system will lead to instability due to inability to hold a stable 50 c/s without which the network will fall to pieces in the face of interruptions (i.e lighning strikes etc). A lot a unresolved issues that the adherants (Twiggy, Mike Cannon-Brookes, Bowen) need to appreciate - like midevail king Canut (who tried to turn back the tide) the "adherents"will all need to learn (possibly the hard way) that they can't defy physics and defy the laws of Thermodynamics and frequency instability

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.84
Change
0.010(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $44.36B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.85 $3.88 $3.82 $60.68M 15.76M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 571930 $3.84

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.85 16927 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.