TLS 0.39% $3.84 telstra group limited

Where to now for long term investors of Telstra, page-1457

1. 9,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    zadah i love a good conspiracy theory ,how about this one,optus did not participate in last 700 auction because they wanted to force vodafone into buying the spectrum (at reserve) so that vodafone could not use the argument of not having enough spectrum for regional australia while asking accc for access to the regional mobile networks of tls and optus.?(lol maybe tpg new they needed the spectrum so bad they made such a ridiculous offer of $1.3b not knowing there was no other bidders at such a high price?

ps hmm the global might of vodafone ,yes they r one of the biggest and they will use that global network power only when it makes sense ie global roaming.
    As for using that global power to take over australian mobile,i don't think so.First as u would know ea vodafone network in ea country is autonomous,then u have the performance of vodafone in australia,then u have a very weak potential 5g network in australia because of lack of investment.So even if vodafone australia has intentions of bidding for 26ghz,vodafone head office will b looking at performance of vodafone australia, the market size of australia and whether they will b better off bidding for what ever share of spectrum they can get from other countries 26ghz auctions taking into account they have massive successful networks in much larger countries that require such spectrum ie 400m plus customers.
    So given above i believe vodafone head office will have spending big bucks on australias 26ghz auction at the bottom of their finite capex on this global 5g 26ghz spectrum expected to b the global standard.
    Thats the opinion of the armchair wannabee expert,but clearly caught by sudden impact of 2 statements/actions simply cutting div by 30% after increasing it then consistantly stating the seriousness of the black hole without mentioning 2020 benefits..
    ps just my opinion,even with penn/mullins in control,imo only tls is the only buy in the telco sector.
    ps imo only there is a very strong case for a jv between tpg and vodafone/hta but even then all 3 have their own serious issues,just like tls.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.84
Change
0.015(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $44.31B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.82 $3.86 $3.82 $41.21M 10.73M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
72 357759 $3.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.84 455695 85
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.00pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.