TLS 1.37% $3.59 telstra group limited

Telstra was a significant part of my SMSF holding and ( bought...

1. 561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53
    Telstra was a significant part of my SMSF holding and ( bought at $3.00) I have now sold 95% of my Telstra holding.
    There is a difference between being fearful and being stupid.
    I continued to hold this stock with Warren Buffet other homily in mind which was to the effect that always look at a company as though at some time in the future an idiot will be in control.
    That point has been reached but we now have the additional problem of a Company that has lost control of it's traditional markets and cannot see a way forward.
    It's not just a management problem It's a failure to reinvent problem
    NBN and it's payments are a life preserver in a very cold ocean. There is no rescue vessel in sight.
    I held Oroton briefly ( placed into liquidation today ) and heard the same arguments being put forward for that companies "turnaround "
    I see a real parallel with Telstra. A successful company which lost it's cash cow and now has no idea what to do .
    If I see evidence that Telstra has reinvented itself and has a new dynamic management team able to take on the new communications environment ( ie something within it's field of expertise . Not a F.........nuclear power station as has been suggested on this forum) and the new reinvented Telsta offers a good risk reward scenario ( not a dividend play. Those days are dying with copper ) then I will look at whether it is worth allocating capital to the new Telstra
    Right now Telstra is looking more like Oroton than a blue chip
    When Warren Buffet said be greedy etc he did not mean that you should go down with a sinking ship.
    He meant buy good companies with good management and the price will take care of itself

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.59
Change
-0.050(1.37%)
Mkt cap ! $41.48B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.64 $3.65 $3.58 $124.9M 34.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1 $3.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.60 87143 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.59
  Change
-0.050 ( 1.72 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.65 $3.65 $3.58 10638863
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.