TLS 0.51% $3.88 telstra group limited

Where to now for long term investors of Telstra, page-1593

1. 9,745 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 462
    Well call me one of zadah's suckers,but i just bought some more tls today.
    Now i'm going to quote tls's financials so u should take into account i could never understand my accountants financials but i had my own very simplistic way to follow the financial direction my business was going in.
    Anyway he goes.
    Read tls announcement regarding reduced fy18 ebitda or better described as deferred ebitda guidance,imo only at worst a 5% reduction in 'ebitda' at best similar previous 'ebitda' guidance at low end.
    But penn in his wisdom lol sry,cut div ie drawn from net profit by 30%.So penn has an extra $1b plus to blow fy17,fy18,fy19 plus migration payments and although penn doesn't mention it plus increase nbn lease payments and massively reduced maintenance costs .
    Add above together and u fill penns nbn 2020 black hole,unless penn wastes 4 to 5 billion on nas which i don't believe will happen .
    Now we go to tls business,as posted nas is making a loss so not adding to eps anyway,actually any business tls runs makes a loss so lol limited downside.
    Which brings us to the utlity business that really only requires a utility ceo,not a wannabee tech co ceo.Comparing tls to other utilities tls has very low debt and y i don't go near utility co's.
    So we r down to 5g which as posted its basically a high performance utility provider with absolute future business model potential but basically only requiring a utility ceo as ericson etc install their leading mobile technology under the guidance of a tls utility ceo and as per a previous post verizon's comments on 5g i also agree with.
    So bottom line taking above into account,imo only treat tls as a leading utility paying 8.8 plus gross div with low debt relative to other utilities and my conclusion was to buy some.
    ps until we get a ceo that is prepared to look at tls as a general business and take advantage of proven businesses etc etc etc as previously posted.Then tls will grow.
    ps been wrong for a decade,but i still wouldn't touch the banks,alipay and applepay r the future,but absolutelt tyro has plenty of potential.
    ps my guess,and its a guess is apple tokenisation will b the beginning of the end for bitcoin.hmm and some say tls should not diversify into energy or banking,imo apple and alipay will b the future banks in a cashless global economy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.