TLS 1.31% $3.88 telstra group limited

Where to now for long term investors of Telstra, page-194

1. 561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53
    I not a tech head so can someone tell me what NBN does that 5G will not do better or is NBN an intergral part of the 5G network.
    If Telstra were to buy NBN then the ACCC would only force Telsra to share with the other tecos at a price which would make them competitive with Telsra
    Sort of like BHP being forced to give away a few iron ore mines so that they had to compete against assets that they had been forced to give away.
    The problem is that Telstra no longer has a monopoly ( as they did with copper ) so I can;t see how this Company can ever be have the pricing advantage it once enjoyed.
    If this hypothesis is correct why would I invest in Telstra unless 5G or a potential NBN purchase gave them some sort of unassailable pricing advantage
    There are plenty of other companies out there which to me have a lot less downside risk than Telstra at the moment with no discernible strategy beyond 2020 which will make them anything else other than just another struggling Tech co into the future.
    I write this as a holder trying to work out whether to sell or hang in.
    At the moment like most Mum and Dads I'm hanging in but don;t want to get hurt any further when the dam wall breaks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.88
Change
0.050(1.31%)
Mkt cap ! $44.83B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.85 $3.89 $3.85 $87.75M 22.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 288046 $3.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.88 626236 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.