TLS 2.19% $3.73 telstra group limited

Where to now for long term investors of Telstra, page-400

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    Currently not a holder but was waiting for the big drop from the nbn impact before potentially picking some up as TLS moves from telco to a "tech co". With the demand for all things digital and data and TLS holding a valuable relationship with business and household customers I think it is well placed if it can execute this strategy in the right areas (cloud, IoT, health). It needs to adapt fast though.

TLS's tech strategy in the recent AFR article has been publicised a lot over the past few months.
    http://www.copyright link/technolog...global-tech-giant-takes-shape-20170825-gy4e7c

While I'm not trying to cross promote stocks (which I disclose I am a holder in), I can't understand why there has never been any media commentary to date on why TLS is not looking at acquiring some of the ASX's telco related tech newcomers that are positioning themselves well for the exponential growth in data/cloud and 5G.

The likes of SLC which is positioning for wholesale wireless and dark fibre solutions when 5G arrives and also has networks and exposure in Singapore and Hong Kong - the gateway to Asia and the biggest growing market for data connectivity services globally, MP1 - global leader in software defined networking with key relationships already established with the key international players in cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, Alibaba and Oracle) and data centres (ie, Digital Realty), SDA - leader in remote satellite connectivity and Over the Wire.

The deal with nbn may preclude TLS from competing using other technologies which is SLCs key Aussie play after acquiring BigAir last year. I'm not a telco expert so not sure what is permitted and not sure whether there would be any duplication in dark fibre services. However, if TLS's strategy team were the real deal, I'd like to think they're closely monitoring the potential of these entrants in their own backyard...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.73
Change
0.080(2.19%)
Mkt cap ! $43.09B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.73 $3.78 $3.71 $115.9M 30.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 64775 $3.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.74 590435 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.