TLS 0.28% $3.62 telstra group limited

Where to now for long term investors of Telstra, page-5136

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615

Do you have a reference for that.

Everything i have seen says the government is NOT considering writing down the value of NBNCo. The opposition have said they might consider it, but no numbers where mentioned.

I suspect you mean 'a commentator thinks the government should write down NBNCo value by half'

If a writedown happens or not is pretty much irrelevant as to how the company is run anyway, the theory behind those wanting a writedown is that if its written down NBNCo management will decide to reduce their prices. But the two should not be linked.

NBNCo has an obligation to run the company for a profit, to protect its own future, give it flexibility to invest more in its network, its main concern is the ACCC which sets limits on prices, and more broadly the legislation government has set for them, what other people think about that is just public-relations.

A lot of people hate the NBN because its a sign of our broken political system (NBNCo has been a political pawn), but investors need to look past that and see the company as well.

There is a reasonable chance NBNCo will not waste any money, it is a long term business model, and people who judge it by its profitability or value during its construction phase are failing to understand it, in 10 years the economics of it will look very different.

Last edited by bug1: 06/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.64 $3.65 $3.62 $65.42M 18.02M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1092958 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 167188 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.