TLS 1.09% $3.62 telstra group limited

@fugazied there is clearly a misunderstanding here and it is...

1. 418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    @fugazied there is clearly a misunderstanding here and it is needlessly upsetting you.
    Before we disagree on opinions let please first agree on the facts.

1. "It's not "your money" it is a tax payer-funded handout that we give you."
    "My taxes pay for these unearned tax refunds and I don't like it."

Nope. This is incorrect. False.
    None of the tax money YOU paid is being given to anybody in refunds.
    A refund by definition and in practice can only be given to the person that originally PAID it.
    In this case. The taxpayer that receives the refund can only get the refund on money he ALREADY PAID to the ATO.

So no, it's not your money or your tax contribution going anywhere, can you understand that? Please?
    I think once you understand this you'll sleep a little easier, you have been fed a misleading narrative.

2. Where does the $6Bn come from then you ask??
    That is an upfront OVERPAYMENT in tax that needs to be refunded.
    The overpayment was because 30% was withheld upfront when the income was earned.
    Remember the 30% tax paid is paid on behalf of the taxpayer because the income is vested in the hand of the taxpayer.
    The refund is the difference between the 30% already paid and what the taxpayer SHOULD have paid.
    Only the tax paid by the taxpayer themselves are refunded... they're just getting their OWN money back!!! Get this?
    Of course when the taxpayer have a tax rate of 0% THEN they get the full 30% back.

3. Concessions. 0% tax rates etc
    This is really what your argument should be about.
    Be clear in your message and how/why.
    You are saying the pensioners that has transitioned to pension mode and getting an income from their super should pay tax on that income.
    They should not be allowed to have 0% tax rates and only up to $75K pa I think.... tax thereafter.
    This rule also apply to CGT by the way.

Here are some more tax rates for you if you want to go after pensioners.
    https://www.esuperfund.com.au/learn/tax/smsf-tax-rates-summary

Don't confuse the argument about refunds and franking credits with the actual issue.

You have a problem with concessions and different tax rates for different people.
    And that is fine.
    It's a hard thing to balance.
    Let's have THAT discussion please, and stop confusion refunds and franking credits etc.

In closing

You can only get refunded your OWN tax.... not someone elses.
    Franking credits prevent DOUBLE TAXATION and is a sound mechanism in and of itself which everyone benefits from including you when you own shares that does franking credits and all income groups.
    Don't confuse franking credits with individual tax rates and concessions.

Hope that helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
-0.040(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.68 $3.61 $73.49M 20.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 211809 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 336517 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.