TLS 0.28% $3.61 telstra group limited

Tell your friends the share price has little to do with a...

1. 1,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Tell your friends the share price has little to do with a company's quality or viability going forward. The SP has been sideways for years simply due to the payout ratio of the dividend. More funds are selling at the moment than buying. This will change who knows when though and most of the funds selling will start buying back again. Hopefully soon .

Telstra is a blue chip, my main concern is the disconnect between Telstra's board and the Liberal N government. At one stage Telstra was almost part of the government like the banks still are today.

I'm not going to pretend I know the telecom industry or Telstra's financials to an nth degree, 99.9% of us do not understand both aspects. Most of us fail at bottom picking so the best course of action is to buy and hold blue chips when on sale long term despite their short term prospects.

The NBN will blow over and become a forgotten ghost once 5G is entrenched in 5 to 10 years time. LNP's media team will make sure they create distractions in future to take the media's focus away from their dismal failure of an NBN.

Something never mentioned in this debate is the fact internet prices can actually rise in future in a free market. Everyone just assumes when taking Telstra's forward earnings in 2022 that the internet plans will stay the same price. A 10% rise will greatly affect profits so a $70 plan moving to $77 is impossible according to the brokers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.61
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.60 $3.63 $3.60 $129.9M 36.03M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 44525 $3.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.62 701203 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.