TLS 0.00% $3.90 telstra group limited

26M subscribers into $3B is actually about $111 per subscriber...

1. 2,988 Posts.
    26M subscribers into $3B is actually about $111 per subscriber per year - changes the maths a lot.

5G isn’t faster than fibre is capable of - with speed easily capable of being increased to 1Gbps on fibre. The way the connections are aggregated on the NBN And the stupid CVC charging model causing congestion will cause problems.

The Back haul connection to a tower uses high bandwidth fibre and electronics comfortably delivering 10Gbps and readily upgradeable to much higher data rates (100Gbps plus). Because this data isn’t subject to the crippling NBN CVC charges bandwidth is only limited by how many fibers/transmitter technology.

5G will force NBN to upgrade to 1Gbps for the FTTP customers or just look second rate.

5G will force NBN to start upgrading FTTN customers to FTTP in a big hurry as people flock to the much better performing and cheaper 5G offerings.

5G will force a rethink of the stupid CVC charging model that NBN employs as both FTTN and FTTP customers won’t be prepared to tolerate congestion on their NBN connection at peak times when they can have lightening fast internet on their phone.

Of course - NBN isn’t likely to move on these until they have to as they will cost $Billions each. This is the opportunity for 5G to establish itself. If the NBN don’t keep their eye on the ball they’ll become irrelevant as customers get quite attached to the notion of their home internet 5G following them wherever they are rather than be limited to their house (cf home phone vs mobile phone - I have a home phone as part of my NBN contract - but can’t say I’d pay for it as I haven’t used it in over a year!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.90
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.89 $3.91 $3.87 $54.68M 14.05M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1209 $3.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.90 775995 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.