TLS 1.09% $3.62 telstra group limited

In regards to the "benefit" vs "important".... I simply assumed...

1. 418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138

In regards to the "benefit" vs "important"....
    I simply assumed that franked dividends are important to you because they benefit you... very reasonable assumption given the context.
    Are you saying that franked dividends don't benefit you at all.... but are still important to you?

Jip, my post was a bit exaspirated.

Simply because there is this persistent idea around franking dividends, except the people that find them... "important".... don't seem to understand how it works.

I just dislike misinformation and misunderstandings and persistent myths and ideas not based in fact.

If I'm missing something please let me know.....I'm always eager to learn.

The world is a better place with knowledge and understanding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_dividend_imputation_system

The bottom line is franked or not franked.... doesn't matter.
    There are 2 things that matter.
    1. The Gross dividend yield.
    2. YOUR tax rate.

It's witholding tax.
    The difference between franked and unfranked is just WHEN you pay the tax.... not the amount of tax you pay.
    The amount you pay depend on YOUR tax rate.

What does this have to do with Shorten?
    Unless this is about that stupid debate that went on a while back about how the budget cannot afford to pay franking credits and fund peoples retirement.
    What a numpty.... he clearly didn't understand franking credits either..
    The money that is refunded was OVERPAID withholding tax..... it was never money belonging to the budget in the first place.
    It would be no different to your employer witholding to much PAYE from your paycheck....and the goverment then going... "No backsies" lol.

The company paying the dividend pays the tax on your behalf and then you claim back the difference between the company tax rate and YOUR tax rate...

Where this was "controversial" was when people are in a position where they don't pay income tax and is on a 0% rate.
    They will of course get the full credit amount back.
    Which is correct, they should.

If they wanted to change something about that then adjust the income tax rate.
    Why mess with franking credits which is seperate to issue, it's the 0% tax rate causing the "problem".
    Cannot see why the source of income matters.

Not discussing whether there should or shouldn't be 0% income.... that is a totally different matter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.62
Change
-0.040(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $41.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.67 $3.68 $3.61 $73.49M 20.25M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 211809 $3.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.63 336517 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.