AMP 0.45% $1.13 amp limited

I will draw an analogy. I was at a mates tyre business when my...

1. 712 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    I will draw an analogy. I was at a mates tyre business when my car wouldnt start. Now this was 40 years ago. I lifted the bonnet, and a few guys came over and said what they think was wrong. That didnt work, meanwhile the battery started going flat from the number of times we were trying to start it. Then another few guys came over and said what they thought was wrong, by now we had to have a jump starter from another vehicle to turn the motor over, That didnt work. Then some bright spark said youve flooded it from the continuous starting approach, so he opened up a nut or valve to clear the fuel from the carburettor. That didnt work. Then some other guy came over and said it may be this it may be that, and we tried to start it again. meanwhile we ran out of fuel. So by now it so rooted we had to push it to a mechanics workshop to work on it.

The next day it was working, but he told me everything was wrong with it.

This is what has happened to AMP, they have taken on so many people who have given it a go, so many plans, so many ideas. While these people sound like they know what they are doing, obviously they dont, or the job is beyond them.

Is there a turnaround mechanic who can rescue AMP, who knows, they dont grow on trees. But letting every which way have a bash is clearly not working. The cost of consultants giving it a bash is costing an arm and a leg, and not working. Public reviews certainly are scaring the clients, customers, staff, shareholders, and even potential takeovers. So I see AMP as being totally rooted, and the value has been lost forever.

We may get some money back, but how much nobody knows. But the more rooted AMP gets the more firesales they will have and the more shareholders will be shafted. So I dont hold much hope, except that as time goes by the sales of assets may get some money back.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.