where will asx200 be in year's time?, page-13

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Well ormond's come out and made a prediction. I was hoping plenty others would follow suit. He raises very valid question: why hold anything if one feels so pessimistic? I hold MML, SLR and SAR in gold sector as current SP is a fraction of what i paid i.e. 22-40% and i live in faint hope/opium dream POG will make a come back if GFC mkII eventuates. But i thought that 2 yrs ago and it never happened! Otherwise i hold one remaining largish short and if i had spare cash would open several more. However, the best trading i've managed to achieve on a consistent basis in ages has been during the past 7 months. I've posted re most of the stks i've bought and sold during this period. MS firms crashed to incredible levels in late June/early july despite some having low/zero debt and a promise of divs 2 months later!! hence,my enthusiasm. I can't say what specific event will trigger a sell-off but i look at SP and their macro and can't see value. But could be completely wrong. looking for gems among the rubble is my strategy. Not finding many.

PS. Currently i have zero faith in emerging mkts.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.