FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

where's the gold?

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Where's the gold?

There are many "investors" here who are investing into the possibility of the potential for a morila size deposit. There are also probably many rampers milking in profits "before the fact" some of which may claim to be LT holders. I have sold out because of the unpredictability of market sentiment towards the results I expect to come out.

How the results pan out will be dependent on how KJ approaches his drilling strategy but I believe it is highly unlikely (although not impossible) that the results you hope for will come out.

Looking at the most recent drill results the mineralisation appears to dip towards the west and tapers in thickness towards the east. Comparing the results bgs released with the initial randgold database there was not substantial improvement on what was already discovered however they were an improvement. Randgold had rc-dd both east and west of the ntiola trend, since dd drilling was implemented it is likely these drill holes were set to a reasonable depth. The east hole has no mention so likely no significant result. This suggests that the mineralisation is confined west of the trend. Looking at the west dd drill hole there's roughly 45m thick at roughly 1.5 g/t. This suggests that the possibility exists for good continuity between randgold and bgs adjacent drills. But also implies that the thickness of the mineralisation between these holes is likely to be confined to around 50m and between 1-4 g/t (rough estimate as angle of the drill hole was not provided nor if mineralisation remained open -I believe not-).

Now bgs have said that they will approach down hole drilling down dip and along the trend line. Whether KJ has changed his plan since is another story. Using basic interpolation in 3 dimensions it is probable that the diamond drilling will intersect 5-15m down hole thickness in perhaps 3 of their existing holes but I would put my money more on the 0-10m range. If they were to drill more than the 3 open at depth holes I believe it would be a waste of drill metres as I expect nothing significant to appear.

Where the mineralisation appears to lie at depth is west of the randgold diamond drill west of the trend line. Whether KJ drills out to "depth" to that point or passed it by the time these results are released I have no idea but it has not been openly suggested that this was the plan.

I believe it is very likely that "average" results will come out but I'm looking to buy into the next drilling phase as I believe kj/bgs will slowly step out their drills west and as market sentiment becomes more realistic.

I'm just providing a more down to earth opinion on bgs, so people can understand the possible risk they may be taking. Some simple questions are why did bgs not trade halt their drill results? Because they didnt significantly improve on what was already documented. Why haven't randgold JV with bgs? Because the results essentially were what their exploration had already shown yet they offered to help bgs refine their targets to give them a better chance of hitting the jackpot for the opportunity of first rights for a JV. Why did sprott invest? Good continuity and decent grades at reasonable thicknesses or they got conned into the idea that they have a good opportunity for the next morila. So far the current grades don't come close to what morila produced.

Looking at the risk vs reward? Just my opinion there is about 0.1% chance of hitting morila big. And maybe about 10% chance of getting a 500k ounce resource. Although I don't expect much from the next set of drill results I'm expecting mineralisation to improve in the next drilling phases. If there wasn't so much ramping I would have holded but now it's probably not worth the risk. Keep it realistic but good luck to all!! I hope I'm wrong :)!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.