XJO 0.28% 8,114.7 s&p/asx 200

where's the interest wednesday, page-86

1. 11,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 628
    So who is Joe Granville?

After that video I thought he might be martis, and I knew I would not get any sleep tonight unless I checked Joe out.

So I turned to the only trusted source of information - yes it is wikipedia and found that someone has written some very unkind things about our 88 year old Joe (or is it martis).

For example

"His overall track record according to the Hulbert Financial Digest, is very poor.

The Granville Market Letter "is at the bottom of the Hulbert Financial Digest's rankings for performance over the past 25 years - having produced average losses of more than 20 percent per year on an annualized basis."

Another example of the sort of misinformation posted there about our Joe is

"According to Robert Shiller in his book Irrational Exuberance

His investment seminars were bizarre extravaganzas, sometimes featuring a trained chimpanzee would could play Granville's theme song "The Bagholder's Blues," on piano. He once showed up at an investment seminar dressed as Moses, wearing a crown and carrying tablets. Granville made extravagant claims about his forecasting ability. He said he could predict earthquakes and once claimed to have predicted six of the past seven major world quakes. He was quoted by TIME Magazine as saying "I don't think that I will ever make a serious mistake in the stock market for the rest of my life," and he predicted that he would win the Nobel Prize in economics."

The source is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Granville

Having read wikipedia and now taken a double dose of my nightly sleeping concoction I am ready to retire and face Joe's forecast nightmares in my sleep.

loki (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.