BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

heydv & wanelad;I am one of the many HC readers who had followed...

1. 830 Posts.
    heydv & wanelad;
    I am one of the many HC readers who had followed BTA from years ago. I will be the first among many here who believe Peter Cook the idiot should be sacked years ago together with his best mate (John Grant– thank God the idiotic chairman is gone); some of the idiotic board directors Babara Gibson, Grant Latta and perhaps Ian Gust should go. My posts on the idiot Peter Cook earned me many arch critics here slamming me as a BTA basher.

Despite my well founded (IMHO) belief that Peter Cook has to be one of the most idiotic CEO of an ASX listed company, I believe in the products Relenza and LANI as much as my well founded conviction in the strength of the BTA legal case against GSK, which led me into BTA in the first place, My conviction was vindicated by the GSK $100m settlement offer which the idiot Peter Cook refused.

I believe (rightly or wrongly) the risks in BTA (in the short term) now at the current sp is less than when the sp was between 50cent to 90 cents. Before the Swine flu, pandemic stockpiling was wanning with the financial crisis as indicated by the miserable 1H sales. However the Swine flu had changed the antiviral sales matrix. There is a surge in demand for pandemic stockpile but more importantly Relenza market share had changed with the growing awareness of Tamiflu resistance and the Tamiflu side effects of hallucinations in young patients. And there is the possibility of surprise announcements on LANI (dont count on this though). In the short term, the full year Relenza sales ending 30 June will impact positively on BTA fundamentals. The downside risk is if Peter Cook opens his mouth to speak.

There are only about 175m BTA shares. The sp is easily manipulated by one or two big players against many Dads and Mums shareholders. On any given day of positive announcement, the sp will spike and then gradually fall away until the next news. However to see the real sp trend, you need to look at the 15 days moving average or the 30 days moving average.

I believe BTA has the products to be the next CSL BUT it cannot be the next CSL because of the idiots running the company. However in the short term the pandemic stockpile will drive the company fundamentals. BTA is like a very good fruit tree infested with parasitic fungi growing in a very fertile oasis in favourable weather conditions. In the short term it will continue to bear some fruits (despite being sucked by the parasites). Do your research on the fundamentals & then discount it for the idiots bleeding the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.